Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Don't be a Dick

So the pope has put out 10 Commandments for Drivers. These weren't written in stone and discovered behind a burning bush, but maybe carved out of pavement?

I highly doubt that there will be much of a change in driving habits anytime soon. Those who already drive courteously will continue to do so. Those who drive like idiots will also continue to do so.

My driving habits come from my own personal driving ethics, not from some religious edict.

If there have to be any "commandments" for drivers I think there should be only one:


"Thou Shalt Not be a Dick on the Road"

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm guessing it's a desperate attempt to seem like the Catholic church is up with modern times.. you know, living in the real world. I mean, you still can't use contraception.. that's just wrong.. but we'll give you some rules for driving which everyone already knew.

Anonymous said...

Tarty, I am totally with you here. I did giggle when I heard they'd be issuing the rules... what does the Pope know about driving??? :) Maybe before he was pope he got to drive.

Most of the rules for real driving are basically common sense, obvious to anyone who thinks about it for a moment.

Tarty said...

Heya Michelle! Thanks for looking at my silly blog!

Tarty said...

Kerry--Howdo sweetie?

The one that really made me chuckle was the "Thou shalt make the sign of the cross before getting behind the wheel"

Anonymous said...

>>"Thou shalt make the sign of the cross before getting behind the wheel"<<

ooooh, is that the secret to making everything better. :) I'll remember that.

Funny.